The Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC) Program provided through the
TROY SBDC offers free consulting services, technical assistance, and bid information
to Southeast Alabama businesses who are interested in obtaining contracts with local,
state and federal government agencies as well as government prime contractors.
Government contracting is recommended for established businesses with adequate cash
flow to support a government contract and who have done significant business in
the commercial market.
The TROY PTAC provides assistance in the following areas:
- Researching the Government Market
- Developing Effective Marketing Techniques
- Understanding Government Policies
- Understanding Bid Documents
- Identifying Proper Codes for Your Business
- Registering Your Company in Appropriate Government Databases
- Identifying Government Small Business Initiatives
- Submitting Applications for Various Government Certifications (Woman-owned, Service
Disabled Veteran, Small & Disadvantaged Business, 8(a) Business Development Program,
- A free electronic bid match service is also provided to help businesses identify
government bidding opportunities
To request free consulting,
to the TROY SBDC consultants.
The Small Business Administration website provides more information on government
"A partnership program with U.S. Small
Funded in part through a cooperative agreement with the U.S. Small Business Administration.
All opinions, conclusions or recommendations expressed are those of the author(s)
and do not necessarily reflect the views of the SBA. Reasonable accommodations for
persons with disabilities will be made if requested at least two weeks in advance.
Contact Brenda Marcum, 100 Industrial Blvd, Troy, AL 36081 or call 334-674-2425.